As a VA Clinical Urologist your opportunities are endless! Located in the nation's capital, only a short distance from the historic buildings that house today's leaders and commemorate those of yesterday. The Washington DC VA Medical Center is a tertiary care, teaching and research facility situated in northwest Washington DC accessible by car and public transportation.
Washington DC VA Medical Center seeks a Full-Time, Board Certified/Board Eligible Urologist.
Preferred Qualifications for the Urologist:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- English language proficiency
- ABOU Board Eligible/Certified
- Fellowship training or special interest in Stone Surgery or Robotic Oncology Surgery
- High desire for diagnostic and therapeutic urologic procedures
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in a team approach to ensure appropriate patient assessments.
- Participates in the operating room commensurate with technical abilities.
- Preoperative and post-operative evaluation of various diagnostic and therapeutic urologic procedures.
- Teaching and supervision of urology residents and medical students.
- Required to work 80 hours per two weeks’ pay period.
Interested: Forward your C.V. to email@example.com along with the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references
*Very competitive salary package including pay for performance
* Participation in TSP retirement program
* up to 26 days of annual leave accrue annually
* 10 days of paid federal holidays
* 13 days wellness/sick leave accrue annually
* Life, health, long-term care insurance and retirement benefits available
Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA): VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
Life Insurance: Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
Long Term Care Insurance: Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan. The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution. For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years of service
Apply for Urologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly