Board Certified Pulmonologist-Director of Respiratory Care
As a VA Medical Director Respiratory Care, your opportunities are endless! Located in the nation's capital, only a short distance from the historic buildings that house today's leaders and commemorate those of yesterday. The Washington, DC VA Medical Center position of Medical Director Respiratory Care is part of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine section in the Department of Medicine. This section is an integral component of the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at George Washington University (GWU) Hospital, Washington DC with responsibility for teaching fellows, residents and medical students.
Washington DC VA Medical Center seeks a Full-Time, Board Certified Pulmonologist
Preferred Qualifications for the Orthopedics Attending Physician:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- English language proficiency
- Board certified in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Prior experience in leading respiratory therapy services
- Training and experience in advanced interventional pulmonary procedures.
- Training and experience in managing difficult asthma and/or pulmonary hypertension
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that performance measure and standard of care are met by the respiratory care service as well as oversee day-to-day operations.
- Implement a plan for improving respiratory care services including developing & improving on existing protocols, health quality measures and clinical outcomes.
- Develop and maintain an ambulatory pulmonary medicine practice.
- Provide Pulmonary and Critical Care consultations in the inpatient and outpatient context.
- Perform Pulmonary and Critical Care medicine procedures.
- Interpret pulmonary function tests, including cardiopulmonary exercise tests.
- Supervise and instruct Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine fellows, Internal Medicine residents, and medical students, on Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine Services.
Apply for Board Certified Pulmonologist-Director of Respiratory Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly