- Position Type
We are seeking a critical care physician to join our expanding intensivist team in San Jose. This is your opportunity to join an established team in a state-of-the-art, 34 bed ICU. Intensivists see medical, surgical, cardiothoracic, and neuro patients and are actively involved in the ECMO service.
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a nationally recognized acute care hospital. Completely renovated in 2015, the facility offers a comprehensive array of inpatient and outpatient services through six centers of excellence including emergency/trauma, cardiovascular, women and childrens health, neurosciences, cancer care, and medical/surgical services. The hospital has also been recognized by U.S. News and World Report and The Joint Commission as a top-performing hospital.
- Level II trauma center and major referral center
- 34 bed ICU - medical, surgical, cardiothoracic, and neuro ICU patients
- Awarded Sepsis Certification from the Joint Commission
- Recognized as Americas 100 Best Hospitals (Healthgrades, 2016)
- Providing care with the latest technologies - Nihon Kohden, Glidoscope, Zonare Ultrasound
- Established team of 7 intensivists - growing to 8 full-time intensivist program
- 24/7 coverage - block schedule with 12-hour shifts (no call)
- Excellent on-site and regional leadership
Sound critical care is a physician established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. Our success is based on practicing medicine by design, not default.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
- Excellent compensation package to include generous sign-on bonus and paid relocation
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- CME Allowance, 401(k), Partnership track, professional development
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Eligible to work in the United States; not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
San Jose is located in the heart of Silicon Valley nestled between the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains and South Bay. U.S. News World Report ranked San Jose the 3rd best city to live in 2017 based on the quality of life, school systems, and economic growth. San Jose was recognized nationally by Forbes as 19th for job growth and 7th for schooling options. San Jose residents enjoy 300 days of sunshine annually, giving you plenty of time to stroll through The Municipal Rose Garden, spend an evening listening to live music at San Pedro Square Market or take the kids to Childrens Discovery Museum of San Jose.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly