OUTPATIENT GASTROENTEROLOGIST - COLUMBUS, OHIO
GASTROENTEROLOGIST – COLUMBUS, OHIO
CHALMERS P. WYLIE VA AMBULATORY CARE CENTER
CARING FOR THOSE WHO SERVED
You are invited to join the team at the VA’s ambulatory care center in Columbus, Ohio where our mission is to honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional and personalized care that improves their health and well-being.
As a key member of the team, you will join three full-time and two part-time physicians, and one full-time and one part-time NP, along with complete nursing and other support staff. The workweek is typically 5 days per week, but a compressed work week is available where you can work 4 10-hour days and, there is no call! You will diagnose and treat patients with diseases of the GI tract and liver and procedures will include EGD, Colonoscopy, Bravo, Capsules, and Fibroscan. Satellite clinics include Newark and Zanesville, Ohio.
Other details include:
• 10-12 patients per day on clinic days and 8-10 procedures per day on procedure days
• 100% Outpatient with 50% clinical care and 50% procedures
• Collaborative GI group – all board certified
• US citizen
• US License (any state) with no history of suspension or revocation
• BC or BE in Gastroenterology
• Ability and interest in performing procedures
• Training and/or experience in ERCP highly preferred
The Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center (VAACC) is a Joint Commission accredited, complexity level 2 facility serving Veterans in 13 counties of Ohio. VAACC is the parent facility for a Veterans Readjustment Counseling Center (Vet Center) located in downtown Columbus. The VAACC has education, training, and clinical affiliations with multiple accredited colleges and universities. The facility has established medical school affiliations with Ohio University and The Ohio State University, with resident rotations in physical medicine, dermatology, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and internal medicine. Additional resident training programs at the VAACC include dental, optometry, and pharmacy training programs. Nursing affiliations include The Ohio State University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Capital University, Mount Carmel College of Nursing, Otterbein College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Ohio University, and Wright State University. Student academic program affiliations also exist for dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, social work, psychology, physician assistants, medical coding and billing, dietetics, audiology and speech pathology. The VAACC has negotiated new affiliation agreements with Grant Medical Center for family medicine resident rotations and is pursuing a chaplain training program.
If you're considering moving to Columbus, Ohio, you're in good company. Many people, who could live anywhere in the world, choose to live here. They know that no other place offers so much of everything that matters. Columbus is the 14th largest city in the United States with a population of 879,170. The city is perfect for active lifestyles, having invested $20 million to develop a growing system of bike and fitness trails that connect the suburbs and river trails to downtown's $44 million riverfront park system restoration.
Columbus is gaining nationwide recognition for its historic neighborhoods, booming downtown arts and sporting districts, open attitude and a noticeably affordable quality of life and it offers a variety of housing options-from the restored historic German Village, the Short North district, downtown condominiums, and new neighborhoods popping up around the city. Shopping, entertainment and fine dining include the Arena District, Easton Town Center, Polaris Fashion Place and Tuttle Mall. The NHL Columbus Blue Jackets, the Columbus Crew, the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Columbus Clippers are among the many choices for the sports enthusiast. Numerous fine golf courses are in the region. The area is also home to the Memorial Golf Tournament each summer.
Columbus offers many opportunities for higher education. We're home to The Ohio State University, one of the largest universities in the nation. Capital, Otterbein and Franklin Universities provide quality private educations on a smaller scale. And Technical, medical and other choices, such as Columbus State Community College, add to the possibilities for students of all ages.
So, if you’re interested in caring for veterans while enjoying a work/life balance difficult to find in the private sector, this is an opportunity you need to check out. For more information, Email your CV to Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry will be held in confidence.
Paid Time Off:
• 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
• 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
• 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
• Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
• Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
• Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
• VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
• Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
• Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
• VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
• How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
• Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service
• For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
• In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
• Disability Retirement
• Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
Apply for OUTPATIENT GASTROENTEROLOGIST - COLUMBUS, OHIO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly