Medical Director of Advisory Services
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sounds reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of advisory experience (inpatient experience also preferred) and board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Hospital and Community
Baptist Health System is a major healthcare provider South Texas, the fourth largest civilian employer in San Antonio, and fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). With expansive services and subspecialty support, Baptist Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain center providing cardiovascular services and other services including, stroke care, neurology, cancer care, orthopedics and rehabilitation, women's health, community health & wellness and pediatrics including a Children's Center.
San Antonio is a city rich in history and booming with modern attractions, outdoor activities including walking trails, biking, hiking, and spectacular parks, gardens and outdoor spaces. Experience the citys historical significance through tours, festivals and seasonal events. Shop, drink and dine at local favorites across our diverse neighborhoods. With sporting events, arts, and culture, San Antonio has it all! Come and experience the new energy and excitement that awaits you in San Antonio.
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly