Medical Director of Advisory Services
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sounds reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of advisory experience (inpatient experience also preferred) and board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Location and Lifestyle
El Paso is located at the western tip of Texas, where Texas, New Mexico, & Old Mexico meet. It is the largest international metroplex in the world with over 1 million people and seamlessly blends American and Mexican cultures and traditions. El Pasos warm, sunny climate and the Franklin Mountains provide the backdrop to a young, culturally diverse population that embraces the past and builds the citys future. Boasting a high quality of life with affordable housing, low crime rates, and minimal traffic congestion, El Paso is home to more than 70 Fortune 500 companies and was recently named one of The 10 Best Cities to Raise a Family in America. Nine state parks, two national parks, two national monuments, one national memorial, and national forest are all within driving distance of El Paso! Open year-round, Franklin Mountains State Park is the largest urban park in the nation for recreation including hiking & mountain biking. The El Paso metro area has 16 golf courses to choose from and a favorite for local families, the El Paso Zoo!
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly