- Position Type
Women's Care Florida is the premier provider of women's healthcare in Florida.
- Understands and follows Women's Care Florida's "Mission Statement", "Code of Conduct", organizational policies, and structure.
- Provides primary obstetric and gynecological care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care; provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted ACOG standards during the hospitalization.
- Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
- Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
- Performs colposcopies and LEEPs as office and inpatient procedures as appropriate.
- Provide tubal ligations at the request of patients, at legally permitted age, following thorough explanation and documentation of risks and benefits.
- Performs circumcisions.
- Participates in regular call coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities; stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Attends and participates in Women’s Care Florida and practice activities, including monthly clinical meetings and mandatory training/in-services as needed.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely manner using WCF electronic medical record system (eCW).
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director, CEO, and/or Administration staff, to meet the goal of providing excellent health care to the community
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Abides by the WCF protocols and guidelines.
- Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information. Employees should report any breaches of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules to the Privacy Officer (Administrator) immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Unencumbered license to practice medicine in Florida as an MD/DO
- Completion of Accredited OB/GYN Residency Program
- Board Certified in OB/GYN.
- Current ACLS certification
Apply for OBGYN Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this