Medical Director of Advisory Services
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sounds reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of advisory experience (inpatient experience also preferred) and board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Hospital and Community
King's Daughter Medical Center is a state-of-the-art, 465 bed, not-for-profit hospital. The facility has won several awards for Patience Excellence, is listed as the top 100 Hospitals, and is ranked number one in the state and among the top 5% in the nation for cardiac surgery. King's Daughter is the recipient of HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award and has also been named one of the 100 best companies for working mothers.
Ashland is a part of the Huntington-Ashland metropolitan area. Ashland serves as an important economic and medical center for northeast Kentucky and is part of the fifth-largest metropolitan area in Kentucky. Ashland is surrounded by rolling foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Ashland offers many recreational opportunities with a small-town ambiance. If you enjoy boating, skiing, swimming, fishing, camping or hiking, you're sure to find it in Ashland.
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly