PEDIATRIC INTENSIVIST MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Seeking Medical Director to lead Pediatric Inpatient/Intensive Care Units in Summerville, SC! $30k start date bonus and Flexible week on/week off schedule, less than an hour from Charleston, SC!
Envision Physician Services has an opportunity for a Board Certified Pediatric Intensivist to lead our inpatient pediatric and pediatric critical care practice at Summerville Medical Center (SMC) in Summerville, SC. The Medical Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the inpatient pediatric and PICU with particular attention to quality, patient safety, policies and procedures, and patient experience. The role also incorporates working with hospital administration and providing leadership for the multi-disciplinary staff. Summerville Medical Center is home to the busiest Pediatric Emergency Room in SC that’s staffed with Peds EM trained physicians.
- Engaged and supportive hospital administration with strong focus on Pediatric service lines
- Work life balance (Off 6 months out of the year!)
- Competitive compensation with leadership stipend
- $30,000 start date bonus with 3 year promissory
- Comprehensive benefits which include medical, dental, vision, and 401k (Starts day 1!)
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Staffing Model: 2 Pediatric Intensivists
- Schedule: Week on/off schedule (Off 6-months out of the year!)
- In-house during the day
- Call from home at night
- Cover both PICU/Pediatrics, Consults from ER
- 6-beds with 2 observation beds
- 2018 Peds/PICU Census Data
- ?482 Admissions
- ?421 Pediatrics;
- 61 PICU Admissions
- ?ADC 3.59
- Pediatric subspecialty support includes Pediatric Surgery, GI, ENT, Anesthesia, Radiology, with telemedicine coverage for Pediatric Cardiology and active recruitment of Pediatric Neurology
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.Facility Information
Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics, and women's services, including "home-like" birthing suites. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.Community Information
Serving Dorchester County and North Charleston, the area offers a picturesque, vibrant growing community balanced with an easy-going lifestyle. There is plenty of fine dining, opportunities to celebrate the Arts, as well as recreational and outdoor activities for all interests throughout the seasons.Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women’s and Children’s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for PEDIATRIC INTENSIVIST MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly