Chief Hospitalist Opportunity
The VA Central CA Health Care System is actively recruiting for an Internal Medicine board-certified Chief Hospitalist. Candidates should have outstanding leadership skills as well as clinical and interpersonal skills as a member of the VA professional health care team. This position will require a faculty appointment with UCSF to participate in the training of residents, fellows and other trainees.
The Chief Hospitalist serves under the direction of the Chief of Medicine at the VA Central California Health Care System (VACCHCS) in Fresno, CA.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and lead operations within the Inpatient Care Medical Wards;
- Promote the development of healthcare professionals within the section;
- Participate in the hiring and selection of staff and ensure candidates meet VA and academic affiliation requirements as applicable;
- Coordinate and communicate the treatment plan with staff and other key personnel;
- Participate in medical center committees and meetings as appropriate;
- Participate in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services;
- Complete physician OPPE/FPE and other administrative functions including Proficiency Report completion;
- Educate and train residents, fellows and other medical students;
- Maintain compliance with all Federal Regulations and policies as appropriate; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This position offers medical student loan repayment of up to $200,000 over 5 years.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Sunday, compressed 12 hour shifts to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Shifts are typically worked in 7-day blocks. Will be on-call for patient care, as needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be B/C in Internal Medicine
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
Community, Facility and Organization
The VA Central CA Health Care System is in Fresno, CA. The heart of California adjacent to Yosemite and Kings Canyon/Sequoia Parks, several lakes, and year-round recreation. Located in the Central Valley we are a short, 2-4-hour drive, from various locations such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, and the coast. Fresno/Clovis continues to offer one of the most affordable housing markets in the state and has excellent primary and secondary schools.
Please send applications (curriculum vitae and letter of interest) via email to: Michael Naccarato, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant: email@example.com or call 602-277-5551 ext. 3526
Apply for Chief Hospitalist Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly