Division Chief of Urgent Care at Cedars-Sinai
The Division Chief of Urgent Care provides strong physician leadership and sets and maintains standards designed to ensure that department members provide ethical, high quality, cost-effective and evidence-based care and service in a team-based practice environment. The Division Chief is a practicing physician with the primary responsibility and accountability for the success of their assigned department or departments within Cedars-Sinai Medical Group (CSMG). The Division Chief is the lead physician in charge of all aspects of clinical patient care provided across all Urgent Cares and partners effectively with executive leadership to ensure that the department s goals and performance are aligned with and achieve overarching strategic organizational priorities.
This role requires the development of strong interpersonal relationships and management skills to identify opportunities for optimizing patient care, improving clinical efficiency, enhancing workflows, and serving as a liaison between physicians and management to maximize physician satisfaction and performance. The work of the Division Chief will ultimately serve to optimize the patient-centered nature of the practice and create an environment that supports the organizational pillars of clinical quality/efficiency, people, service and growth/financial stewardship.
The Division Chief is expected to successfully maintain a dual clinical and administrative role.
The Division Chief will partner with executive leadership in the expansion of Urgent Care services to new geographies; participates proactively in the strategic space planning process and plans effectively for the onboarding of new clinicians and establishment of new locations.
The Chief will provide effective and proactive mentorship and oversight in the growth of new locations, to include development of community relationships and promotion and development of new clinicians. Functions as a key liaison to specialties located in new locations, actively builds bridges to develop referral sources.
The Chief will participate in the evaluation and development of new models of care and practice structure to support the mission and goals of Cedars-Sinai, including the incorporation as clinically appropriate of viable new lines of urgent care services; will provide active and financially disciplined leadership, with a demonstrated ability to analyze operational, clinical and financial data, as well as the ability to effectively use data to drive innovation and operational restructuring as needed.
- M.D. or D.O degree required
- Maintenance of state licensure
- Possess clinical expertise relevant to specialty and as required by organization
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or IM/Pediatrics required.
- Five or more years of clinical practice experience
- Ability to be a strong team player and defuse tense situations. Work collaboratively with and influence physicians and can earn the respect of his/her physician peers
- Ability to facilitate consensus from multiple stakeholders to solve practical problems and reduce unnecessary variation in key areas where limited standardization exists
- Ability to attain organization production, patient satisfaction and quality goals.
Apply for Division Chief of Urgent Care at Cedars-Sinai
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly