Physician - Surgery - Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital
- Position Type
OPPORTUNITY CRITERIASPECIALTY: Surgery : Bariatric Surgery
CANDIDATE TYPE: MD, DO
VISAS ACCEPTED: No J1 or H1
LOAN REPAYMENT: Yes
Bon Secours Mercy Health
General / Bariatric Surgeon
Bon Secours Medical Group has an opening for a talented surgeon to join their well respected and medically sophisticated program at St. Mary’s Hospital in Richmond, Virginia. This unique opportunity is for a physician interested in practicing both Bariatrics and General Surgery at Bon Secours’ flagship hospital in beautiful Richmond, Virginia. Bon Secours Surgical Specialists is a well-established, highly successful subspecialty practice that is a model of care for our health system. Our practice philosophy is to provide excellent care, be patient focused and demonstrate a commitment to great patient experiences.
Highlight of the position:
- 50% Bariatric Surgery, 50% General Surgery
- Average Daily census is 12-14 patients and seven cases a week
- 1 ½ days of clinic and protected/blocked time in the OR
- Access to three Divinci robots
- Six physicians and six APC’s in group
- Other surgery subspeclities include Surgical Oncology, Heptobiliary, Pancreatic, Duodenal, Peritoneal Surface Malignancies, Gastric, Colorectal, Breast, Endcorin, Pelvic, Skin and Soft Tissue Surgeries
- General Surgery call is once a month and Bariatrics is 1:3
- Committee involvement including tumor board and bariatric seminars
- Outreach and marketing opportunities available
- US Citizen
- BC/BE General Surgery
- Fellowship training in Bariatrics
- Must have experience with robotics
Established in 1966, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is a 391-bed facility located in Richmond’s Near West End. St. Mary’s has 1,200 associated physicians who provide over 75,000 outpatient visits annually. The hospital has a service area containing approximately 1.3 million people and primarily serves residents of the City of Richmond and Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Louisa Counties.
Highlights of the hospital include:
- Point of care testing in the Emergency Department to provide lab results and imaging in minutes.
- 28-bed Neuroscience Telemetry Unit & Neuroscience Step-down Unit, with exclusively private rooms.
- State of the art, 64 slice CT scanner adjoining the Emergency Department for ultra-fast head imaging.
- Bi-Plane interventional imaging system for cerebral angiography, delivery of intra-arterial thrombolytics & use of the MERCI ischemic stroke clot removal system.
On September 1, 2018 Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States’ fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nation’s 20 largest health care systems. Bon Secours Mercy Health serves communities along the east coast and in Ohio and Kentucky.
At Bon Secours Mercy Health, we are dedicated to continually improving health care quality, safety and cost effectiveness. Our hospitals, care sites and clinicians are recognized for clinical and operational excellence. By utilizing robust measurement and reporting processes, we hold ourselves accountable for enhancing care and improving outcomes for our patients, residents and clients. Through partnerships and by investing in innovative processes, technology and products, we are continually striving to drive health care quality while reducing costs and in addressing health care issues facing entire communities (such as enhancing access to behavioral health care services and fighting opioid dependency).
Bon Secours Mercy Health at a glance:
- Not-for-profit Catholic health system sponsored by Bon Secours Mercy Ministries
- Provides almost $2 million each day in community benefit
- Owns, manages or joint-ventures facilities in seven states
- 43 hospitals, more than 1,000 care sites
- More than 57,000 employees, including 2,100 physicians and advanced practice clinicians
Richmond provides easy access to the amenities of a large urban setting as well as an easy commute for those seeking a more rural lifestyle. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated within Central Virginia. It is home to the State Capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and countless cultural, food, and music festivals. The area offers a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and leisure activities usually found in much larger cities and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, and play!
Apply for Physician - Surgery - Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly