- Position Type
Women’s Health Texas:
Devoted to women, committed to excellence. Women’s Health Texas (WHTX) is one of the fastest growing obstetrics and gynecology groups in the state. Initially formed through the partnership of OB/GYN centers in Central Texas (and growing!), our teams are dedicated to providing the highest standard of women’s health care. Through our five key pillars; support, inspiration, appreciation, empowerment and opportunity, which our corporate culture is derived from, we have gained the reputation for superior clinical programs and service. When you become a member of the WHTX family, you become part of a network of dedicated health professionals who truly support each other and are committed to the well-being of the women who entrust WHTX with their care. In the healthcare field in Texas there is no better place to grow in your career, achieve your goals, and attain a higher quality of life.
Now hiring for both Austin and San Antonio clinics!
Position: Physician – OB/GYN
Report To: Lead Physician
Purpose: Performs medical care relating to health of the female reproductive system (gynecology) and manages women before and immediately after pregnancy (obstetrics). Assists in the daily clinical operations of site functions. Meet and exceed patient expectations and adhere to established practice standards and protocols while assuring the best possible care for patients.
- Ability to perform all aspects of gynecology including treats and diagnoses ailments specific to the female reproductive organs; examining patients for breast, cervix and ovarian cancers; treating urinary tract, pelvic disorders, hormonal disorders; perform minor laser surgeries; perform Pap smears and breast exams; treats sexually transmitted disease; perform family planning duties (if applicable).
- Ability to perform all aspects of obstetrics including monitor the mother and fetus to ensure both are healthy during the nine-month process; detect the presence of multiple births or birth defects; deliver the baby; ensure the baby and mother are healthy.
- Assists in the day-to-day clinical operations of the center.
- Takes appropriate action for medical and non-medical emergencies occurring within the office.
- Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plans.
- Develops and implements processes and training sessions, leads and motivates staff, ensures thorough/effective dissemination of information, and maintains open lines of communication with employees.
- Promote through leadership and example compliance with all policies and procedures (internal and Human Resources).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all outside regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Requires a degree in medicine (M.D. or D.O.) from an accredited school and completed an approved residency training program.
- Requires ABOG certification and licensure in the State of Texas (will also accept those who are Board eligible).
- Requires at least 1 year experience in gynecology and obstetrics as a Physician.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) as well as listening skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and efficiently utilize an Electronic Medical Record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, and other health care providers.
- Ability to solve patient problems, treats patient with dignity and respect, and responds quickly to patient needs.
- Ability to work independently to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle high patient volume.
Apply for Physician OB/GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly