Occupational Medicine Physician
General Summary Statement
- Responsible for providing medical care (and possibly performing administrative duties) in a comprehensive hospital-based occupational medicine practice that meets the business healthcare needs of Crozer-Keystone Health System and the Delaware County, PA business community.
- Collaborates with Crozer Keystone management and staff to ensure the provision of high quality clinical services to patients/clients in a professional, customer-service-oriented manner, and maintains client relationships that foster open communication, confidence and trust.
- Collaborates with management to develop products/service offerings and marketing strategies that will effectively leverage and promote program services and resources of the program while maintaining fiscal viability.
- Clinical/direct patient care duties as a treating physician performing a variety of business health services, including but not limited to pre-placement, periodic and episodic fitness for duty physicals (as required by OSHA, FMCSA, or employer mandate) and occupational injury and illness care. Must be or have the ability to become a Certified Medical Review Officer (“MRO”) and oversee a workplace substance abuse testing program.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the physician oversight of the care provided by advanced practice providers based on internal and external standard-of-care benchmarks.
- Assists with the development of medical surveillance protocols to meet client needs.
- Evaluates requests for exemption from required vaccinations and provides Employee Health consultation and review of policy and procedures for the hospital’s 7000 employees.
- Participates in marketing/client outreach activities (such as client site visits, writing newsletter articles, seminar presentations).
- Attends general staff and provider-only meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in the management of clinician-related patient/client complaints and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Training/Experience and Licensure/Certification
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- BC/BE in Occupational Medicine preferred. Will consider BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine with experience and/or formal training in Occupational Medicine.
- Pennsylvania Medical License (unrestricted)
- Certified Medical Examiner under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or must obtain certification as a Certified Examiner immediately after hire.
- Certified Medical Review Officer under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or must obtain certification as a Certified Examiner immediately after hire.
- Full-time position, Monday - Friday
About Crozer-Keystone Health Network
Crozer-Keystone Health Network (CKHN) is the largest primary care and specialty physician network in Delaware County, PA, and is part of the Crozer-Keystone Health System (CKHS,) the largest employer in Delaware County, PA. CKHS is a community-focused healthcare system that delivers patient-centered, quality care in an efficient, cost-effective and caring manner, meeting the health needs demonstrated by our community.
About Our Community
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants. Beaches, the Pocono Mountains, New York City, Maryland, and Washington DC, and historical Lancaster County are also just a short drive away.
Apply for Occupational Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly