Medical Director, Ambulatory Care
MEDICAL DIRECTOR, Ambulatory Care
Keep this Ambulatory Clinic and its staff at peak performance.
The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) is looking for a Medical Director for ambulatory care. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished clinical educator with an interest in quality improvement and population health. The candidate will have a key role in the education of our large internal medicine residency program. Since 1845, The Hospital has been dedicated to outstanding health services, education and research to keep the people of Brooklyn and greater New York healthy. TBHC’s focus is ensuring optimal patient care through the use of advanced technology, innovative medical and surgical treatments, and staff expertise. Located in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn, TBHC is a clinical affiliate of The Mount Sinai Hospital and an academic affiliate of The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. As Brooklyn’s first hospital, TBHC is proud to be a part of an incredibly diverse community and is committed to Keeping Brooklyn Healthy. The ideal candidate will be board certified in internal medicine, and have an advanced degree in public health or related field. (Highly desirable, but not required)
This position involves coordination and oversight of medical care at the clinic, as well as providing a full scope of primary care services. Key responsibilities are:
- Diagnosing, treating, planning and coordinating care (preventive and health maintenance)
- Staffing, personnel management, and delegating tasks/authority
- Ensuring compliance with Federal regulations and Hospital policies
- Ordering, executing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Serving as clinical leader of the interdisciplinary team
- Assessing and managing chronic health conditions
- Performing minor surgical procedures
- Involvement in peer review, QA, clinical and provider meetings/activities
The qualified professional has:
- MD or DO
- NYS Physician License and DOH Certificate of Qualification
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- At least five years of clinical and managerial experience in a hospital, or similar health setting
- BCLS and ACLS training
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, quality and infection control practices
Team members here enjoy a stimulating work setting, a location in the heart of vibrant and historic downtown Brooklyn, and a complete salary/benefits package. To be considered, please e-mail resume directly to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.