Staff Physician - Geriatrician
SUMMARY: Physician will diagnose and treat geriatric patients in the medical office, nursing home and hospital settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts patient assessment, examinations and treats patients in a variety of settings.
- Order diagnostic tests, consultations, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnose conditions.
- Attend patients in medical office, nursing home, assisted living or hospital.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Coordinates care with outside physicians, rehab providers, other facilities, as necessary.
- Participates in activities to promote the growth of the practice.
- Communicates with patients, their families and other providers to ensure high quality care, including discussions on end of life issues.
- Participates in quality assurance, peer review and other administrative activities.
- Documents services provided in medical chart and for billing purposes.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other physicians, nurses, medical assistants, administrative personnel and managers.
- Supervise and direct midlevel providers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a medical degree from an accredited program, completion of a primary care residency program, with Board Certification in either Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Requires a minimum of 3 years medical practice experience.
- Prefer candidates with geriatric fellowship training.
- Applies principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism in its most difficult phases. Deals with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
No direct reports
Ability to read and interpret medical documents, including laboratory data, medical charts, medical equip
ment operating and maintenance instructions and manuals. Ability to legibly document medical records, correspondence and applications. Ability to speak effectively before groups, as well as one on one with patients.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must obtain and maintain current medical license in the State, Federal and State controlled substance certificates, Board Certifications, and hospital privileges.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for Staff Physician - Geriatrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly