Palliative Care Physician
Palliative Care Physician
Multidisciplinary Cancer Center in Indiana seeks Palliative Care Physician
Extending beyond system referrals, we anticipate the Parkview Cancer Institute to be a destination site for patients throughout the region seeking a new level of patient experience coupled to stare of the art cancer care. Our new outpatient institute will enhance clinical care by incorporating an interdisciplinary approach to care involving subspecialized medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical subspecialties and other specialties.
The physicians are system employed with most specialist employed through a multi-specialty subgroup of PPG oncology. The palliative care physician, which we refer to as a Palliative Oncologist, would be key members of the multispecialty team. The physician would participate as a partner with the other specialties in tumor board, tumor site team meetings, and the multi-disciplinary meetings.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a fellowship trained Palliative Care Physician interested in specializing in oncology to join Parkview Health and play an essential role in our vision to be the best Regional Community Cancer Institute in the country.
Our recruited physicians will have the opportunity to work in a new, state of the art cancer institute 200,000 square feet in size. Attached to a 350 bed regional medical center, our new, state-of-the-art facility that opened in June 2018. Parkview Cancer Institute will serve the oncology needs for the health system.
We have a novel clinical model which allows for disease site based management. We combined our specialists into clinics based on diseases and wrapped the treatments in concierge level care with world class supportive services. Palliative oncology plays an integral role in our goal for the best cancer experience for our patients.
Our Palliative Oncologists will help lead a Palliative Care oncology team.
- The physician will have office hours of Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
- The new palliative oncologists will join the existing palliative oncologist and divide up work amongst tumor sites. The team will have the support of Advanced Practice Providers and will be responsible for the outpatient palliative care needs of the oncology patients.
- There will be some continuity with long term established patients as they transition to inpatient setting.
- Providers will be responsible for initial consults, will work with sub-specialized care teams to support patients and their families, and will partner closely with our navigation team as the patients move seamlessly through their cancer care journey.
- The palliative oncologist will also direct a team of counselors, Chaplains, social workers, acupuncture, massage therapy and be complimented by financial and transport coordinators to support the holistic care of our patients
- Home call is shared with the general palliative care group which covers other aspects of palliative care and inpatient palliative work for the system to make home call infrequent and improve life style.
Excellent benefit package including highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity, commencement bonus, paid relocation, student loan assistance, retirement contribution plan, flexible spending accounts, health insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability as well as many other non-traditional benefits.
Apply for Palliative Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly