Baltimore, MD: GI to join busy hospital-based GI Dept with 4 GIs, 3 NPs, 2 PAs. Replacing retiri...
- Position Type
HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: A BE/BC Gastroenterologist is needed to join a busy hospital-based Gastro Department. Interventional EGD and Colonoscopy procedural skills are required. The GI Department currently consists of 4 GIs, 3 NPs, and 2 PAs. However, the new GI will be replacing one of their GIs who will be retiring. This is an out-patient oppty with in-patient consult responsibility. The new GI can expect to do 90% clinical/10% teaching with Research and QI/PI opportunities available. Clinically supervises residents and medical students as assigned by the Division Director/Chair. Employed by teaching hospital. $ Very competitive financial package.
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland
- Their state-of-the-art teaching hospital is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Please scroll down below regarding additional information about the city of Baltimore.
- Located in Baltimore, Maryland, a BE/BC Gastroenterologist is needed to join a busy hospital-based Gastroenterology Department.
- Procedural Skills: Interventional EGD and colonoscopy procedural skills are required.
- The GI Department currently consists of four Gastroenterologists, three Nurse Practitioners, and two Physician Assistants,
- However, the new Gastroenterologist will be replacing one of their GIs who will be retiring.
- This is an out-patient opportunity with in-patient consult responsibility.
- The new Gastroenterologist will practice at a stellar teaching hospital and may go to one or more offsite locations for clinic and/or procedure time.
- The replacement Gastroenterologist can expect to do 90% clinical/10% teaching.
- There is opportunity to participate and mentor medical students and residents in clinical and QI research projects in this hospital s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program. There is onsite nursing and APP support.
- The replacement Gastroenterologist will step into a turnkey operation and will be busy from day one!
- Office hours are from Monday to Friday.
- Call: Weeknight call is 1:7. Weekend call is 1:4.
- Availability: Both Gastroenterology fellows completing their training in 2020 and GIs with work experience will both be seriously considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat or recommend courses of treatment for patients with particular emphasis on disorders of the gastroenterological, hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic systems in the outpatient practice as well as provide inpatient consults on a rotating basis
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results
- Discuss diagnoses with patients, explain treatment options, and provide advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures
- Carry out follow-up appointments, monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans and medications, update patient records, and make referrals as needed
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Timely completion of patient encounter documentation and billing
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clinically supervises residents and medical students as assigned by the Division Director/Chair.
- Clinically supervises inpatient Physician Assistants when on call.
- The new gastroenterologist will be employed by this state-of-the art teaching hospital. It is part of a well regarded regional healthcare system.
- This hospital has a very large active medical staff of physicians. Most of their Specialists have an academic affiliation at several prestigious medical schools!
- Part of a large teaching hospital, this well-respected Division of Gastroenterology is a Center of Excellence .
- This stellar Division of Gastroenterology offers comprehensive care for patients with disorders of the gastroenterological, hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic systems.
- As mentioned above, the new Gastroenterologist will be hospital based and hospital employed. This very well-regarded hospital is part of a regional healthcare system.
- They are offering a very competitive, flexible and strong starting base salary. It will be commensurate with the Gastroenterologist s experience.
- There is also a productivity incentive and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
- The earning potential is excellent!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- Baltimore, Maryland has approximately 800,000-plus residents with a service population 1,000,000 plus.
- It is the largest city in Maryland and one of the great port cities of the world.
- Baltimore is an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., and is located only 45 miles away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and practice Gastroenterotology.
Apply for Baltimore, MD: GI to join busy hospital-based GI Dept with 4 GIs, 3 NPs, 2 PAs. Replacing retiri...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly