Emergency Medicine Associate Medical Director
Visit us at ACEP19 Booth #811
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, is seeking a Board Certified Emergency Medicine for the role of Associate Medical Director. The Emergency Department at Albany Memorial Hospital is located in Albany, NY. Interested candidates should have at least 1-2 years of previous leadership and administrative experience.
Albany Memorial Hospital, part of St. Peter’s Health Partners, is celebrating 150 years as a healing presence in the Capital Region. Awards and accolades include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, for the second time; Designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health; Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine accreditation; and is the recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s ‘Get With The Guidelines (GWTG)’ – Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- 165-bed community hospital
- Newly renovated, state-of-the-art-facility
- Meditech EMR
- Hospitalist service in house 24/7 covers the ICU/CCU and responds to codes
- Top notch radiology program is well staffed, has Tele-radiography for cases after hours, and PAC for digital radiology viewing
Emergency Department Profile
- 42,000 annual volume
- 5.3% admission rate
- Broad community pathology that includes minor trauma and moderate medical acuity
- 26 room ED with hard wired monitors
- Physician coverage: 26 hours per day
- APP coverage: 29 hours per day
- 24 hours per day of scribe coverage
- Meditech EMR
- Affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for senior Emergency Medical residents, fourth year medical students, and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- Active EMS program provides medical direction for 9 local squads and conducts ACLS training.
Albany is among the best-kept secrets in the Northeast. This picturesque region is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Residents enjoy abundant local culture including museums and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of NYC, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2½ - 3½ hour drive. Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of “America’s Best Places for Business and Careers” in 2018 and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its “Best Places to Live” in the nation for 2018.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region’s most desirable suburbs and schools. Emergency Physicians ski for free at Windham Mountain, about 1-hour south of Albany. Several outstanding colleges and universities are located in the Capital District area. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women’s and Children’s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Associate Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly