Medical Director, Employee Health
- Position Type
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities, patients, and families we serve. Community-focused programs like our Fresh Food Farmacy and MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing programs, are just a few of the reasons you can be excited about a career with Geisinger. We work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Geisinger is seeking a physician leader, board certified/eligible in either Occupational Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine to act as Medical Director to support the administrative and clinical needs of the Department of Employee Health. Geisinger’s Employee Health department is comprised of a staff of 30, including: Advance Practice Providers, Nurse Case Managers, LPNs, techs and support staff.
The ideal candidate will be the clinical expert of the employee health department and work in collaboration to achieve best practices in the overall treatment of work-injured employees as well as the other clinical and administrative duties. Experience in occupational medicine and a familiarity with regulations from both Workman’s Comp and OSHA are required.
About the position:
- Partner with administrative director of Employee Health
- Provide medical oversight, education and development of employee health programs
- Collaborative and supervisory relationship with employee health Advance Practitioner Providers
- Active participant in employee health leadership team and reviews of workers’ compensation claim reviews
- Provide clinical guidance and clarification as needed to: supervisors, managers, corporate insurance, risk services and collaborative partnerships with employee health
- Position may be based in Danville, Pa. or Wilkes-Barre, Pa., and requires weekly travel to provide patient services at all employee health clinic sites within Geisinger.
- The Employee Health Medical Director will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer for Geisinger's hospitals
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.** EOE/AA: Disability/ vet
Apply for Medical Director, Employee Health
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly