Medical Director Medical/Surgical Critical Care/Cardiovascular/ Cardiothoracic Intensivist
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo in Western New York has an opening for Medical Director of Medical/Surgical Critical Care. The Medical Director Medical/Surgical Critical Care/Cardiovascular/Cardiothoracic/Intensivist (Medical Director) at Mercy Hospital is a part-time physician leadership role in which the physician also has significant clinical responsibilities in the practice of critical care medicine.
The Medical Director will lead and manage critical care physicians specific to the area and advanced practice practitioners from multiple disciplines, as well as serve physicians and allied health professionals from multiple specialties in the treatment of critically ill patients. The Medical Director will foster a collaborative environment in the care of the critically ill patient at MHB and will liaise with other critical care professionals within the Catholic Health System. As a leader, the physician will be expected to model collaboration, stability and patience with all staff.
In addition to the leadership role, the physician will provide clinical services as a Critical Care Intensivist in the treatment and management of patients with complex diseases requiring intensive care. Overall responsibility is to provide an optimal care environment that will both preserve function and allow the best chance for recovery to occur. The physician will participate in the continuum of care for patients from ER into ICU/Step down and /or med/surg floor and discharge. Central to this role is the oversight and teaching of all critical care advanced practice practitioners, providers, fellows, medical residents, nursing and ancillary staff.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Full Time
- Employed - Hospital
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Arrival Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Lead the Critical Care (CC) Intensivist program to include:
- Assures 24/7/365 coverage of CC by qualified physicians. Responsible for all provider schedules and on-call schedules.
- Leads system-wide Critical Care Peer Review, as required.
- Develop, implement and improve performance and service metrics as it relates to CC.
- Help develop and manage step down unit(s).
- Coordinate with VP Nursing as it pertains to the nursing staff for their critical care unit.
- Provides oversight of advanced practice practitioners providers within Critical Care.
- Leads Critical Care Teaching Conferences and Continuing Medical Education (CMEs) and Participates in annual CME seminar in critical care.
- In conjunction with the Hospital Administrative and Medical Leadership, regularly evaluates the financial performance and productivity of the program as it relates to volume, billing and collections of the provider s services, quality and patient satisfaction. Assists in the development of budget and financial metric targets and the achievement of those targets.
- Maintains Clinical Practice:
- Provides critical care support and care for critical care patients at Mercy Hospital as requested.
- Provide critical care service coverage on call at Mercy Hospital as requested. Specific schedule will be mutually agreed upon in advance.
- The physician will help maintain all pertinent accreditations and designations.
- Is responsible for 100% compliance with CMS; HIPAA; DOH; Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulatory or accrediting guidelines as they pertain to the practice of Critical Care.
- Participate in Catholic Health System Department and Divisional activities as appropriate.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with nursing administration and CC nursing staff.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine
- Completion of Fellowship in Critical Care
- Board certified in Critical Care
- CPR Certified
- ACLS Certified
- Current licensure and registration as a physician in New York State
- Minimum five years of experience as a critical care provider is preferred
- Minimum three years leadership experience in critical care setting is preferred
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority.
- EPIC EMR experience preferred
ABOUT MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is a tertiary care center that offers the highest level of stroke and heart care. It is accredited by the Joint Commission to treat the most complex stroke cases, and the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Work in an ever improving facility, recent renovation plans include:
- A new addition of 20,000 square feet of OR space
- A new MRI suite in an 8,100 square-foot addition
Work in top rated facility:
- Mercy received the National Research Corporation(NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
- Mercy s critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is an American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Mercy Hospital is a Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities and an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Has incredible architecture
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
Apply for Medical Director Medical/Surgical Critical Care/Cardiovascular/ Cardiothoracic Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly