BC/BE Medical Oncology Section Chief for the department of Medical Oncology and Hematology
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE Medical Oncology Section Chief for the department of Medical Oncology and Hematology. The Section Chief will work under the direction of the Chairman of Oncology and will oversee the Medical Oncology providers and clinical care. Responsibilities will include strategic planning, physician recruitment, development and performance, operational and financial management, quality performance, customer/service improvement, and clinical outcomes. The Medical Oncology Section Chief is responsible for ensuring the highest standards in patient safety, patient and family satisfaction, and referring physician communication.
- The St. Luke’s Oncology department has a long standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our department consists of 9 physicians and 7 advanced practitioners. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
- Recently, St. Luke’s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke’s Cancer center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- SLUHN Thoracic Surgery was one of only 12 programs in the US to receive a 3 Star Rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Our team offers the right team of experts, personalized cancer treatment plans, superior radiation therapy technology and the best clinical trials. At St. Luke’s, our cancer patients benefit from all of that, plus an unparalleled level of support and compassion.
Experience is required. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated outstanding skills as a clinician, researcher, and leader in Medical Oncology. The individual should be a strong communicator and collaborator, with potential to enhance the Medical Oncology program. The successful candidate will be board certified in hematology/oncology.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 14,000 employees providing services at 10 hospitals and over 300 outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $1.9 billion, the Network’s service area includes 10 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the region’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 28 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 226 residents and fellows. St. Luke’s is the only health care system in central-eastern Pennsylvania to earn Medicare’s five-star rating (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
St. Luke’s has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics) repeatedly – six times total and four years in a row including 2018. It has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the EPIC electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers. To learn more about St. Luke’s, please visit us at www.SLUHN.org
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact:
St. Luke’s University Health Network
Apply for BC/BE Medical Oncology Section Chief for the department of Medical Oncology and Hematology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly