VA Urologist Sought in Bay Area Outpatient Clinic
- Position Type
DUTIES: The incumbent is accountable to the Chief, Urology under the Surgical Services Department and is responsible for managing the most effective delivery of state-of-the-art urological care at this OPC to include urology consult/referral review and triage, coordination of urology clinics using the principles of advanced clinical access, pre-operative assessment, operative intervention and post-operative care, and involvement in contracting with local facilities.
Participates in all aspects of the general urology program, including the following: provide urological outpatient care (invasive and noninvasive) to all scheduled and walk-in patients, inform patients (and/guardians, caretakers and family members when appropriate) with alternative treatment and diagnostic modes and the risks and benefits of each. The incumbent will provide pre-operative evaluation of each patient scheduled for elective or emergency surgery. The incumbent is responsible for providing the patient with risks, benefits, and alternative treatments and obtaining informed consent from the patient or guardian before conducting invasive procedures.
The incumbent is responsible for encouraging family member or members/guardians to be involved with the patients' care, perform invasive procedures; cystoscopies (with intra-urethral topical anesthetic), vasectomies, circumcisions, infrared coagulation and/excision of genital lesions, urethral meatotomies, and dorsal slits (with local anesthetic), and assume total responsibility for all perioperative care for assigned patients. Opportunity to work at the Sacramento VA Medical Center 1-2 days per month to maintain surgical skills, and apply for Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF) appointment to work with Residents training at facility from UC Davis School of Medicine. Candidates must be US Citizens or PRA. Contact: Crystal Keeler by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Join a well-organized, dynamic multi-specialty group in beautiful Northern California. The VA is an equal opportunity employer.
Preferred Experience: Surgical Observation Bed, Urology, Amb Surgery OR (O/P), Surgery Admin
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., NO on-call, evening/weekends or holidays required
- $200,000 Education Debit Reduction Program
- Malpractice protection covered by the Federal government.
- Annual Physician Performance Pay (7.5% of salary or $15,000 whichever is less)
- Market Pay reviewed biennially for increase.
- Up to 26 days paid vacation and 13 days sick leave (accrued upon employment).
- 10 paid Federal holidays.
- Outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose including exceptional vision and dental plans.
- Must be US Citizen; proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine (Urology) or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- First-Year Residency (Internship) - Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was competed.
- Board Eligible in Urology; Board Certification preferred
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Apply for VA Urologist Sought in Bay Area Outpatient Clinic
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly