Vice President of Medical Affairs
Geisinger St. Luke’s is seeking a Vice President of Medical Affairs that provides advice and leadership to the campus medical staff in the areas of quality improvement, medical affairs, physician recruitment and retention, medical education, performance improvement, safe medical practices, program development and strategic planning. This position will reside at our Geisinger St. Luke’s Campus located in Orwigsburg, PA.
In joining Geisinger St. Luke’s you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Serves as liaison between Senior Management and Medical Staff.
- In cooperation with Chairs/Chiefs plans, develops and executes effective physician recruitment and retention programs.
- Assists President and other members of Senior Management team in the development and implementation of network and campus specific strategic plans.
- Advises the President and members of Senior Management regarding clinical program development.
- Provides direction and administrative support for continuing medical education for medical staff.
- Serves as an advisor for Case Management on issues of length of stay and resource utilization.
- Serves as the campus medical staff lead for patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Works with medical staff leadership to ensure all licensed, independent practitioners demonstrate ongoing clinical competence.
- Facilitates medical staff (physicians/advance practitioners) engagement.
- Supports the development and maintenance of a culture of safety.
- Facilitates provider commitment to and active participation in performance improvement initiatives.
- In collaboration with GME and undergraduate medical education leadership assures a high quality learning environment for all graduate, undergraduate, allied health and nursing students.
- Collaborates with Senior Vice President of Medical and Academic Affairs and Network Chiefs.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
Graduate of accredited Medical School. Board certified in a specialty recognized by ABMS or AOA. At least five years’ experience with aggressive responsibility in Medical Staff leadership position. Advanced degree in an area of Medical Management is desirable.
About Geisinger St. Luke’s
Geisinger St. Luke’s is the first new hospital in Schuylkill County in over 90 years. The fully-licensed, 80-bed hospital is located on a bustling Route 61 in Orwigsburg, PA. The hospital is within a 30-minute drive of most areas in Schuylkill County in Northeastern Pennsylvania. This hospital includes a beautifully-appointed three story 120,000 square foot acute care hospital with a large and full service emergency room; surgical services and spacious private rooms with hotel like amenities. Located only miles away from Hamburg which offers dining, shopping, and outdoor focused activities for those looking to get out and enjoy and explore!
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact:
St. Luke’s University Health Network
Apply for Vice President of Medical Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly