Senior Psychiatrist (SVSP) PIP
Senior Psychiatrist – Psychiatric Inpatient Program
$285,540 - $340,164 annual salary (Board Certified)
$279,528 - $332,196 annual salary (Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking a proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrist to provide clinical leadership within Salinas Valley State Prison’s evolving Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP). Within this California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facility, you will:
- Provide supervision of a team of psychiatrists providing diagnosis, psychiatric care, and treatment to a diverse patient population
- Coordinate the activities of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Teams, including social workers, psychologists, rehabilitation therapists, and nursing staff
- Promote and implement quality improvement principles, assuring that performance standards are consistently met
- Oversee the diagnosis, care, and treatment of severely mentally ill patients
In addition to a current California Medical License and certification to practice psychiatry, you must have a minimum two years of post-residency experience practicing psychiatry in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient setting or a correctional facility.
In return for your efforts, we offer all of the stability, benefits, and work-life balance found in a career with the State of California:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years
- 401(k) and 457 options (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Relocation assistance for those new to State service
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Paid CME with paid time off to attend
We currently have this opportunity at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. Here, you’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all.
Take the first step in leading this collaborative mental health team and contact Jose Gonzalez at Jose.Gonzalez4@cdcr.ca.gov
You may also apply online at www.cchcs.ca.gov. EOE.
Apply for Senior Psychiatrist (SVSP) PIP
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly