Chief Psychiatrist (SVSP) PIP
Chief Psychiatrist – Psychiatric Inpatient Program
$298,740 - $363,312 annual salary (Board Certified)
$293,124 - $354,432 annual salary (Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking a proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrist to lead a collaborative, multidisciplinary mental health care team at Salinas Valley State Prison’s evolving Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP). Within this California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facility, you will:
- Provide clinical supervision to the PIP medical staff, including psychology, clinical social work, and rehabilitation professionals
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of patient care; and develop and implement measures to assure its continuous improvement
- Coordinate the oversight of physical and financial resources
- Oversee the diagnosis, care, and treatment of severely mentally ill patients
In addition to a current California medical license and certification to practice psychiatry, you must have a minimum two years of post-residency experience practicing psychiatry in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient setting or a correctional facility.
In return for your efforts, we offer all of the stability, benefits, and work-life balance found in a career with the State of California:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years
- 401(k) and 457 options (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Relocation assistance for those new to State service
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Paid CME with paid time off to attend
We currently have this opportunity at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. Here, you’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all.
Take the first step in leading this outstanding mental health team and contact Joraver Singh at Joraver.Singh@cdcr.ca.gov
You may also apply online at www.cchcs.ca.gov. EOE.
Apply for Chief Psychiatrist (SVSP) PIP
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly