Palliative Medicine Medical Director
Foundation Health Partners is actively looking to hire a Palliative Medicine Medical Director to champion clinical quality, care coordination and program oversight at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital in Fairbanks, Alaska.
We are looking for physicians with both clinical skill and passion to share our vision and serve our patients with exceptional care--physicians who will embrace the Alaskan adventure and serve our friends, families and neighbors.
- Lead and build the inpatient palliative care program at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
- Consults for cancer treatment, cardiology, primary care, hospitalists and emergency department
- Provide clinical leadership and resources to nurses, social workers, hospice and physicians
- Engage with patients, families and the community to educate and address supportive care needs
- Supervise and mentor the Palliative Care ANP
- Collaborate with FMH Patient Experience Team
- Grow the program with evidence-based, best practice policies
- Current volume 5-8 patients per day, physician consults, mentoring
- Opportunity to explore further outpatient palliative medicine services
- Align with Foundation Health Partners Strategic Plan
- Board Certified physician FM, IM, EM or other specialty (MD or DO)
- 1-2 years experience in geriatrics, post-acute care, inpatient or extended care preferred. New graduates considered
- Unrestricted licensure to practice within Alaska
- Prefer CAQ in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Must possess exceptional people skills and be a team player
- $202K Annual Base Salary
- $43K Medical Director Pay
- Additional Call Compensation
- Total annual $300K ballpark
Full Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, CME, Retirement, Malpractice, ATO
$65K Signing Bonus & 3 Months of Temp Housing
Foundation Health Partners Facilities:
Fairbank Memorial Hospital (FMH) is a 152-bed community owned hospital with a new state of the art inpatient surgery center, imaging and breast center, heart and vascular center, hospitalists, inpatient behavioral health, cancer treatment center, women s center, level 2 NICU, ICU and telemetry. FMH is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
Denali Center is a 90-bed short and long-term care facility co-located on the campus. Denali Center offers 22-bed sub-acute skilled nursing, 48-bed long-term care, and 20-bed dementia care. We provide skilled nursing services including IV therapy, extensive wound care, rehab services, and end-of-life care.
Tanana Valley Clinic (TVC) is the hospital affiliated outpatient clinic with 15 specialized departments employing over 60 providers who work collaboratively to deliver quality care to our friends, families and neighbors across the communities of Interior Alaska. TVC also operates two convenient walk-in medical clinics: 1st Care located downtown & 1st Care West to serve the community with easy access. Additionally, TVC s Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment Center and the Orthopedic & Sportsmedicine Practice both have separate convenient locations from the main TVC facility. Tanana Valley Clinic is the largest comprehensive locally owned multispecialty clinic in Alaska.
Our service area is a population of 100,000 most of whom live in the Fairbanks North Star Borough but we also serve many rural village communities located across the river systems of the Interior (Yukon, Koyukuk, Kuskokwim, Tanana). Many of which are only accessible by small aircraft.
Fairbanks is a wonderful university community with a surprising amount of arts, music, theater, dining and community activities. Situated in the Tanana River Valley with the Alaska Range to the south and the Brooks Range to the north, Fairbanks is surrounded by the awesome beauty of wilderness. Groomed and lighted cross-country ski trails at both Birch Hill and the University of Alaska provide excellent winter recreation. Summer boasts extended hours of daylight in the land of the midnight sun with unlimited options for outdoor adventures: golfing, alpine hiking, river trips, boating, cycling, camping, national parks, fishing, etc. This is a wonderful welcoming community for the individual or family looking for a new adventure.
Apply for Palliative Medicine Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly