Inpatient Teaching Faculty – Internal Medicine
In Annapolis Maryland there is forward-thinking leadership that is transforming healthcare into Preventative Healthcare.
Come and be part of a health system that delivers healthcare across four counties and continues to grow. Our comprehensive benefit package includes competitive salary and paid time off for CME and including dollars to spend on your CMEs each year.
Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) is becoming a distinctive teaching institution – with Surgery, Internal Medicine and OB/GYN residency programs.
Why Annapolis, the capital of Maryland?
- Abundance of water activities: boating/sailing, fishing, swimming/beaches, etc.
- Excellent schools – elementary, high school, colleges
- Sports, Cultural arts and history
- Close to it all: Washington DC, New York, Ocean City
AAMC is a non-profit, which means you may be eligible to apply for the Federal and/or State Loan Forgiveness Program.
The Inpatient Teaching Faculty at Anne Arundel Medical Center teach residents how to care for patients in the hospital setting. They provide appropriate levels of supervision to promote patient safety and create an effective learning environment by acting as role models for future generations of physicians -- demonstrating compassion, commitment to excellence, professionalism, and a dedication to life-long learning and quality improvement.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Attends on the inpatient teaching team as the service attending, and devotes sufficient time to fulfill supervision and teaching requirements.
- Provides clerkship administration, teaching and feedback to medical students and maintains an appropriate academic appointment.
- Serves as the official faculty mentor for the residents as assigned.
- Attends and participates in teaching conferences, rounds, journal clubs and other activities to support the teaching mission of the department.
- Provides lectures and other forms of group presentations as necessary to support the teaching program conference requirements.
- Encourages and mentors scholarly activity of the residents and pursues scholarly activity as a member of the division.
- Models professionalism to include:
- Attendance at faculty meetings
- Timely and accurate completion of all medical records
- Event reporting to include near misses and good catches
- The highest level of personal behavior
- Positive relationships with other members of the health care team
- Provides effective formative and summative feedback to residents.
- Pursues annual faculty development.
- Participates in resident recruitment and selection.
- Fulfills other roles and activities that may arise in order to support the mission of the training program, department and hospital.
- Participates in other GME or UGME related committees.
- Additional qualifications as specified by the individual ACGME Review Committee
- Current certification in the specialty by the American Board or the American Osteopathic Board, or possess qualifications judged acceptable to the Review Committee
- Current medical licensure in the State of Maryland.
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Kim Collins, Physician Recruiter - email@example.com Fax (443)481-3728 or call (443) 481-5166
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer