Physician (IM/FP) - Statewide Reentry Program
Physician (IM/FP) – Statewide Reentry Program
$282,216 - $296,328 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated IM/FP physician to provide medical consultative support to providers and patients within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s (CDCR) Community Reentry Programs (REPS).
This rare opportunity is based out of CCHCS’ telehealth office in Rancho Cucamonga. Here, you will oversee operations related to the implementation of clinical care guidelines with community providers and perform other essential services designed to assist our patients’ reintegration into society via a comprehensive Reentry Program.
In concert with the statewide Utilization Management Deputy Medical Executive, you will:
- Train, review, and advise community providers on Inmate Medical Services Program compliance and specialty and medication referrals
- Collaborate with the CDCR institution Substance Use Disorder Treatment teams to ensure continuity of patient care upon release to the REPS program
- Serve as the clinical point of contact for patient medical care in the community for those without access to care
- Review treatment plans for medical necessity and appropriate billing
- Collaborate with CCHCS/CDCR clinical and custody staff on complex cases, patient returns, patient release to the REPS programs, and disseminating policies and procedures
- Serve as the lead contact for all non-formulary, high cost, and prior authorization pharmaceutical reviews and decisions
Travel throughout California is required.
In return for your efforts we offer an expansive benefits package that includes:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Secure State of California retirement that vests in only five years
- Relocation assistance available to those new to State Service
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- And much more
Conveniently located near Los Angeles and Orange County, Rancho Cucamonga features a wide array of suburban communities with access to highly rated public, private, and charter schools; restaurants and
world-class shopping; and professional sports and performing arts. Additionally, the perfect climate will allow for plenty of time at beaches, parks, and other outdoor activities.
Take the first step toward joining this vital program and contact us today!
You may also apply online at www.cchcs.ca.gov.