Premier Savannah Hospital Seeks Breast Surgeon
Memorial Health University Medical Center (http://memorialhealth.com), a well-known South Georgia tertiary care institution with a longstanding reputation for excellence, is seeking an ambitious breast surgeon to join a well-established breast program in our cancer center. Fellowship training in Breast Surgery or Surgical Oncology is required. We are looking for someone with a strong commitment to excellence, a team player and a passion for program development.
This opportunity offers:
• Experienced, collaborative surgical colleagues; no general surgery call
• 100% breast practice with devotion to the care of breast cancer and benign breast problems
• Teaching responsibilities in our General Surgery Residency Program. Candidate will also have option for academic appointment at Mercer University School of Medicine Department of Surgery.
• Well-established program infrastructure that includes: many years of caring for complicated breast patients, state-of-the-art equipment, affiliation with the Sarah Cannon Oncology Network, access to Phase 1 clinical trials, full time dedicated breast oncologists and radiologist, as well as a full time genetic counselor and a Patient Nurse Navigator
• Incoming candidate will join 1 other Breast Surgeon and 1 Nurse Practitioner
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
Memorial Health is also a part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA, which serves hundreds of thousands of patients annually. By being a part of HCA Healthcare, cancer surgeons and oncologists are supported through an established network that places value on quality-based care with a deep focus on clinical pathways and improved outcomes. With 85% of patients treated in community setting, physicians have the ability to impact a larger population of people facing cancer on an international scale. Access to research, which includes the ability to accelerate drug development and clinical trials, utilize molecular profiling capabilities and decision support through the latest technology and data insights – provides physicians access to the resources they need to ensure the delivery of personalized care for each patient.
Apply for Breast Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly