Hospitalist, Spinal Cord Injury
- Position Type
We are seeking a board certified Internal Medicine or Physical Medicine and Rehab physician to practice as a Hospitalist, Spinal Cord Injury service at the Hines, IL VA Medical Center.
Ideal candidates will have Internal Medicine background plus Spinal Cord experience. We are seeking candidates with 2 to 4 years practice in an academic/Hospitalist setting.
About this position:
- Inpatient only/Acute/Chronic w/medical patients
- Provides in-house coverage
- Admits/sees hospitalized patients
- Permanent, full-time opening, employed by medical center
- No Outpatient or ICU coverage in this role
- Schedule: 7 Evening/7 Days Compressed schedule w/one week off in between
Working at VA:
- Practice with 1 current, active, unrestricted US license in any state
- Successful completion of US residency preferred
- Malpractice and tail coverage provided to you at no cost under Federal Tort Claim Act
- No restrictions on moonlighting, no contracts
- Education Debt Reduction Program (student loan repayment program) offered up to 200K over 5 years
About Hines VA:
Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, located 12 miles west of downtown Chicago on a 147-acre campus, offers primary, extended and specialty care and serves as a tertiary care referral center for VISN 12. Specialized clinical programs include Blind Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury, Neurosurgery, Radiation Therapy and Cardiovascular Surgery. The hospital also serves as the VISN 12 southern tier hub for pathology, radiology, radiation therapy, human resource management and fiscal services.
Hines VA currently operates 483 beds and six community based outpatient clinics in Hoffman Estates, Kankakee, Oak Lawn, Aurora, LaSalle, and Joliet.
Contact me to discuss this opening!
Apply for Hospitalist, Spinal Cord Injury
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly