Division Director of Hematology and Oncology
DIVISION DIRECTOR OF
HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY
The Department of Medicine at MetroHealth Medical Center (MHMC) is seeking applications for the position of Director for the Division of Hematology and Oncology. Located in Cleveland, OH, MHMC seeks an experienced physician with a proven track record of building/growth and leadership. The Director will work collaboratively with the Cancer Center Director to enhance the clinical, educational and research missions of the Division and Center. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the strategic initiative of membership in the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Division of Hematology and Oncology has demonstrated clinical expertise, especially in the areas of hematologic, pulmonary, gastrointestinal and breast malignancies and aspires to broaden programs in all subspecialties. The Cancer Center holds 12 subspecialty multi-disciplinary tumor boards. The Division routinely collaborates with surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology, and radiation oncology specialists and is certified by the ACOSOG’s Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program.
Faculty are engaged in the MHMC internal medicine residency program and citywide Hematology-Oncology fellowship program at Case Western Reserve University. Several of these fellows are supported by the Division with continuity care outpatient clinics at MHMC, mentored by Division faculty. The fellows cover the inpatient hematology and oncology consultation service for the MHMC hospital. The consult service expertise can also be requested by the separate inpatient cancer unit run by hospitalists.
• The Director will be a practicing member of the Hematology and Oncology Medicine Division, leading by providing outstanding clinical care and service to patients and referring providers, and promoting clinical trial enrollment.
• Establish a faculty development plan that identifies faculty sub-specialty interests, strengths and capabilities that can lead to successful program development and professional growth
• Work on all aspects of faculty recruitment, and retention
• Participate in the Department of Medicine’s leadership team ensuring attainment of the department’s goals and objectives
• Leadership of the academic enterprise
• Enthusiastically support all Quality improvement initiatives and ensure compliance with all patient safety/risk management and compliance programs
• An M.D. or D.O. degree, ABIM board certification in Oncology or Hematology and an unrestricted Ohio state medical license
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role within an academic institution, having achieved at least rank of Associate Professor
• Possess a defined clinical niche with demonstration of past participation in scholarship and investigational activities
• Strong leadership and managerial skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service in an academic setting
• Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in individual or group settings
• Advocate for organizational values, quality, safety and commitment to religious, racial and gender equity, inclusion and diversity
• Personal characteristics of integrity, maturity and compassion
Interested candidates should forward correspondence and curriculum vitae to:
Katie Bubna, Physician Recruiter
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 216-778-5889
c/o Richard J Blinkhorn, Jr., M.D., Chairman, Department of Medicine and
Sherrie Williams, M.D., Committee Search Chair
MetroHealth Medical Center
2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, Ohio 44109
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and World Class Diversity. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.