Physician - Leadership - Chief of Hospitalist Medicine
- Position Type
The Guthrie Clnic is seeking candidates for Chief, Section of Hospitalist Medicine. The Chief will oversee 24 Hospitalists and 9 Advanced Practice Providers, located in 5 regional hospitals. The Chief has responsibility for quality, leadership, scheduling and overall program strategy.
Position details and requirements:
- Ensures the Section functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as mentor, guide and support for Hospitalists system wide.
- Leads recruitment/retention of Physicians and APPs to actively grow the Section.
- Position is 50% Administrative and 50% clinical.
- Participates in quality and system improvement within group and across hospital.
- Participates in all group clinical decisions with the goal of high quality care.
- Participates in group performance reviews with regard to quality of care, satisfaction, and efficiency metrics.
- Coordinates schedule with group to maintain 24/7 coverage at all hospitals within the integrated health system.
- Ensures coverage of shifts.
- Participates in strategic plan for hospital medicine group, including marketing, growth/recruiting, service, and quality.
- Establish annual goals for quality, efficiency growth and satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining clinical standards and care paths.
- Participates in utilization review and peer review activities as they relate to the Hospitalist program.
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators for the Department and monitors the Department’s performance in relation to these annual targets.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, the Fellowship Directors and the Director of Medical Education to ensure the quality of the residency and fellowship(s).
- M.D. or D.O.; BC in Internal Medicine. Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MMM) desirable.
- Five or more years of successfully leading a Hospitalist program.
- Strong commitment to the patient care and future academic missions of Guthrie Clinic.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With five hospitals and 45 regional offices in a 12-county catchment area, our team of nearly 500 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 1 million patient visits per year.
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or by email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
Apply for Physician - Leadership - Chief of Hospitalist Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly