Physician - Geriatric Medicine
Guthrie is seeking a motivated Family or Internal Medicine Physician with a passion for providing primary care to patients in three affiliated, off-site, post acute care settings in Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY. The ideal candidate for this is one who seeks to impact the care and comfort of our aging population while building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Practice full-spectrum Internal Medicine / Family Medicine / Gerontological care under the Medical Directorship of a Guthrie employed Physician
- Work with larger network of primary care physicians to provide the best care possible for residents
- Strong support from 3 nurse practitioners
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's various quality improvement teams
- Explore and learn more about palliative care
- Opportunity for outpatient clinic time if desired
- Call is 1:7
- Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital Medical Education Department offers residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and General Surgery. Medical student training is provided for students from affiliated medical schools. The department also offers a 3-year cardiovascular disease fellowship.
Apply for Physician - Geriatric Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly