Associate Medical Director, Quality
Northwell Health and Staten Island University Hospital is in immediate need of an Associate Medical Director of Quality to join our leadership team. Ideal candidate would be a recognized leader with proven leadership and management skills as well as an outstanding academic background and strong clinical credentials. We’re looking for an MD with at least 10 years’ clinical experience who can handle the patient-facing responsibilities as deftly and efficiently as the administrative aspects of the role to join Staten Island University Hospital.
- Needed to support the daily operations of a two-site tertiary hospital and will work closely with the Medical Director to achieve quality outcomes
- Assist the Medical Director in implementing policies, procedures and methods of operation
- Comply with and enforcing the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital and its medical staff, as well as the standards set forth by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health-Care Organizations, the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education, the American Hospital Association, all as they apply to the Department
- Major focus on current 1-STAR rating, compliance with regulatory requirements, and identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Ensure compliance within the hospital of all applicable Federal, state and local laws, ordinances, bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures established by all governmental agencies
- Provide teaching services in the hospital as requested by the Medical Director
Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed teaching hospital that spans two campuses and provides a vast array of services in health and wellness. Our 17-acre North campus houses Staten Island’s most modern emergency department, a state-of-the-art education center and a medical arts pavilion. Our South campus boasts its own emergency department and offers a range of specialty programs, including geriatric psychiatry, behavioral health and substance abuse services.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
For additional information and to apply, please contact: Romaine Walton, Physician Recruitment, email@example.com.
Apply for Associate Medical Director, Quality
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly