Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity
Catholic Health in Western New York is recruiting a fellowship trained Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist to join a team of two experienced Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians at its Level 3 and Level 2 Perinatal Centers. You will have the opportunity to work in a system that delivers over half the babies in the eight counties of Western New York. Responsibilities include outpatient imaging and consultative services, rotational inpatient coverage at the Level 3 center (1:3), and outpatient imaging and inpatient consultation during normal business hours at the level 2 perinatal center. The fetal testing unit at each site draws from the hospital based OBGYN Centers as well as private practice physicians in the community.
The successful candidate would be a member of the core faculty of the OBGYN Residency Program with responsibilities to include clinical teaching, teaching rounds, and didactic sessions in rotation. Faculty appointment at SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine is available with rank dependent on experience and academic credentials.
Maternity Departments and Hospitals
You and your colleagues will work with an experienced team of OBGYN providers, including midwives, neonatologists, many adult subspecialists, that combined, deliver and care for nearly 6,000 babies every year. You would be supported by highly qualified ultrasound technicians in a collegial office setting.
Our hospitals have well respected labor and delivery units, with both employed and private practice physicians on staff. All of our OBGYN providers are electronic fetal monitor certified (EFM-C) as well as 100% of our midwives, residents and nurses. In addition to delivering babies, our hospitals provide comprehensive care for a full spectrum of women’s needs including breast and gynecological surgery, urogynecology and gynecological oncology services. Our 40-bed Level 3 NICU is located at Sisters Hospital. This facility underwent a 100% renovation to include a full move to new location, private rooms, and the latest technology for babies and staff. Sisters Hospital is also the site of our OBGYN Residency Program. Our 15 bed Level 2 NICU is located at Mercy Hospital. Both hospitals are about eight (8) miles from each other.
As noted above, there is very strong support from our Board certified neonatologists who are available 24/7/365 to cover our NICU sites. In addition, there are many adult medicine providers that are extremely supportive of our patients including urology, vascular surgery, cardiology, endocrinology, etc. to support moms who need comprehensive care during her pregnancy.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Software: ASOBGYN – remote reading available. Outstanding ultrasound techs to support you and your productivity.
- Outpatient office on hospital campus with on call rotation for phone consults
- Option to deliver patients if desired
- Outstanding team of providers, techs and subspecialists in a collegial environment
- OBGYN Residency Program is at Sisters location along with the new Level III NICU
- Fellowship trained in Accredited United States MFM Fellowship Program preferred
- Sub-specialty Board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine or board eligible
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority.
- Letters of recommendation
- Care for pregnant patients in need of Maternal Fetal Medicine services in outpatient setting.
- Routine imaging (aneuploidy screening, anatomic survey, growth), High risk care, fetal imaging
- Specialized ultrasound (fetal echocardiography, Doppler)
- Resident didactic education, clinical rotations, and inpatient teaching rounds
- Assistance with the OBGYN resident didactic education.
- Leadership roles in Department or at each hospital are future goals – if you are interested, please let us know.
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian Border to the Pennsylvania State Line
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals
- Deliver over half the babies in the area
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, women’s and orthopedic care
- Has over 8000 employees
- Has over 1500 affiliated physicians
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun. Buffalo and Western New York are located adjacent to Canada and within driving or flying distance of 40% of the US Population.
SALARY & BENEFITS / INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of: Bridget Conti, Physician Recruiter, 144 Genesee Street Buffalo, NY 14203
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Apply for Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly