Deputy Medical Director
Mecklenburg County Public Health (MCPH) is seeking a highly motivated physician with strong clinical and public health experience to serve as the Deputy Medical Director for this large, innovative health department located in Charlotte, NC, serving a county population of more than one million people. The Deputy Medical Director will work closely with the Medical Director and Assistant Health Director for Clinical Services to provide clinical oversight and leadership for all MCPH clinical services. In addition, the Deputy Medical Director will play a key leadership role in the strategic planning and implementation of the Department’s overall goals and objectives, which includes creating a vision for the future of public health in Mecklenburg County.
- Clinical oversight of MCPH clinical services, including Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program, Immunizations, Refugee, and Tuberculosis.
- Serve as a member of the Health Leadership Team to provide clinical and strategic leadership for all MCPH programs
- Clinical and administrative supervision of advanced practice providers who provide patient care in specific clinical areas.
- Work with the Director of Nursing and Medical Director to develop standing orders and appropriate policies and procedures for MCPH clinical programs.
- Work closely with the Assistant Health Director of Clinical Services and Medical Director to provide oversight of the day-to-day operations of clinical services, including QA and QI initiatives.
- Provide clinical care in MCPH clinics, including specifically Family Planning, STI, Tuberculosis, and Refugee clinics.
- Implement innovative approaches to addressing clinical and public health issues in the department
- Provide clinical leadership during urgent and emergent public health issues, including communicable disease outbreaks and disaster response
- Lead by example through excellent work ethic and teamwork
- Covering or standing in for the Medical Director during his or her absence
Experience: Five years of post-residency experience in an accredited medical or surgical specialty with demonstrated increasingly responsible medical and administrative positions in a health care setting.
Education: Bachelor's Degree; MD from an accredited college or university school of medicine.
Equivalent Experience for Education Accepted? No
Licenses and Certifications: Valid NC or SC driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a County Operator Permit. Licensed to practice medicine in the state of NC
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Two or more years of experience in a public health setting
- Experience supervising clinical providers
- Clinical experience with all forms of contraception, including long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs)
- Clinical experience with the diagnosis and management of Tuberculosis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The role of public health and of local health departments
- Current evidence-based best practices related to reproductive life planning, sexually transmitted Infections, breast and cervical cancer screening, immunizations, tuberculosis, and other clinical areas.
- Adherence to guidelines for care according to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Title X, CDC guidelines, and Division of Public Health Agreement Addenda.
- Clinic Operations, including budget, compliance, and regulatory oversight
- Clinical judgement and decision-making
- Implementing evidence-based strategies
- Strategic planning
- Providing patient-centered care
- Using data to implement QA and QI initiatives
- Accomplishing objectives in a timely manner
- Leadership—Demonstrating strong leadership abilities through strategic thinking, collaborative relationships, and innovation.
- Customer Service - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Team Oriented – Working effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships to achieve goals.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Family Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Greensboro
- General Practice Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Greensboro
- Gynecology Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Greensboro
- Internal Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Greensboro
- Public Health / Preventive Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Greensboro