Essentia Health is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join our innovative, dynamic, rapidly growing Supportive and Palliative Care Program with planned expansion in the outpatient setting.
- Full-time, Mon-Fri no nights or weekends
- No call immediately but will be enacted in the future with opportunity to help build and influence call schedule
- Opportunity to participate in the development of outpatient and community palliative care program development
- Leadership role in outpatient setting. We envision our program to serve oncology and then other specialties over time.
- Opportunity exists to practice inpatient as well as outpatient palliative care medicine, if desired.
- Close collaboration and support from current physician-led inpatient team including two fellowship trained physicians, certified palliative care social worker and nurse practitioner
- Administrative approval to build interdisciplinary outpatient team including full-time outpatient palliative care social worker, palliative care chaplain and program coordinator position over the next few years
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- BC/BE in Palliative Medicine, Fellowship preferred. Significant experience in palliative medicine, oncology, hospice or geriatrics strongly considered.
- Located on beautiful Lake Superior near the famous Boundary Water s Canoe Area, world-class mountain biking, lakes, forests and endless outdoor actives, creating the setting for an exceptional quality of life.
- Duluth population: 86,000; Regional service area: 460,000
- 150 miles north of the north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Apply for Palliative Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly