Physician / Medical Doctor
5 days left
- Position Type
Looking for a new challenge with an established and growing organization? We’ve got a great opportunity for you! Currently, we are seeking a Physician who can examine and treat correctional facility detainees/inmates to ensure proper injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. This role will serve as the lead physician at our facility in Basile, LA – South Louisiana ICE Processing Center. So if you’ve got two years of experience and are ready to take your medical career to the next level, this is the position for you! Apply Today!
In this role, you will serve as the lead Physician managing and evaluating the medical program activities based on the company goals, objectives and philosophy according to industry standards and contractual obligations. You will also function as a liaison between correctional officials, public agencies and the company; and be responsible for exercising final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
Additional Physician responsibilities:
- Performing routine physical examinations on detainees/inmates
- Providing treatment and ordering studies, tests and ancillary services required consistent with the provision of basic health care services
- Instructing patients in required health hygiene techniques
- Initiating and maintaining compliance with company policy and reviewing all other policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance with the American Correctional Association AND/OR National Commission Standards for Correctional Health Care
- Supervising the Medical Unit in facilitating health care in the detention facility
- Supervising the development of and application of policies, procedures and protocols in the care of detainees/inmates
- Providing 24-hour on-call coverage to advise nursing staff in the care of detainees/inmates
- Designating the level of care to be performed and the necessary equipment needed
- Identifying continuing care facilities and specialty physicians
- Initiating dental and psychiatric referrals
To qualify for this exciting career opportunity, you must have a medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and be currently licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the state of Louisiana. In addition, you will need to have previously completed a US-based residency program in order to work in this role.
Additional Physician requirements:
- Current DEA required
- Professional license must remain on file at all times at the facility where services are rendered
- Mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.
- 2 years of direct work experience as a Licensed Physician, preferred
As a Physician with The GEO Group, Inc., you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive salary of $200.00/hour and full benefits!
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Physician / Medical Doctor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly