Gastroenterology Physician Leader Opportunity - New England
Physician Leader opportunity for Gastroenterology at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
This is an exciting opportunity for a physician leader to facilitate growth at the only comprehensive regional gastroenterology program in Northern and Eastern Maine.
- Our gastroenterology program is central to our role as the regional tertiary care provider. Most of the communities across Northern and Eastern Maine are not served by gastroenterologists, and so our role is growing.
- The physician leader will direct the provision of basic and advanced procedures, and the comprehensive care of the full range of gastroenterology problems including liver disease, gastro-esophageal reflux, obesity, and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- The gastroenterology program is supported by a large and high-quality hospitalist group who admit all GI patients.
- The service interacts daily with our extensive primary care network providers, our surgical oncologists, colorectal surgeons, and acute care/ trauma surgeons.
- The facility supports basic endoscopic procedures, ERCP, EUS, capsule endoscopy, and manometry.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a 411 bed, ACS Verified, Level II Trauma Center, serving a population of 500,000 in the Northern 2/3 of the State of Maine. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is Part of Northern Light Health Systems where we are building a better approach to healthcare because we believe people deserve access to care that works for them. As an integrated health delivery system serving Maine, we’re raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Our more than 12,000 team members—in our hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, long-term care and home healthcare, and ground and air medical transport and emergency care—are committed to making healthcare work for you: our patients, communities, and employees.
Our community has a wide array of urban amenities without the traffic or other frustrations of larger cities. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts and commerce. Schools rank among New England's best and the flagship campus of the University of Maine is located in neighboring Orono, as well as Husson University, located in Bangor, Maine. We have easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Why Northern Light Health?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
- Relocation Bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous CME and time off benefit
Apply for Gastroenterology Physician Leader Opportunity - New England
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly