- Position Type
The Facility Based Medical Director (Director) is responsible for ensuring that compliance with hospital emergency department standards are upheld by the Community Emergency Medicine Partners (CEMP) physicians and providers.
The Director must partner with hospital administration and medical staff members to guide the implementation of clinical protocols resulting in the delivery of high-quality care. The Director will oversee the hiring, on-boarding and retention of emergency physicians and mid-level providers.
This position requires a high level of tact and diplomacy, coupled with a strong background in emergency department analytics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Take primary responsibility for the hiring, on-boarding and retention of emergency medicine physicians and mid-level providers;
- Evaluate CEMP clinical staff performance and educate as necessary;
- Assist CEMP clinical staff with performance improvement and respond to complaints, as appropriate;
- Analyze metrics and clinical/financial data to identify trends and react appropriately to them;
- Manage the on-site scheduling of CEMP physicians and mid-level providers;
- Perform provider chart review and ensure action on interpretation discrepancies.
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess current Ohio medical license;
- Diploma from accredited medical school;
- State driver’s license;
- Leadership and experience in managing an emergency department;
- Assume ownership of the provider relationships in the emergency department;
- Assume Ownership of Processes in the ED;
- Understand the hospital and CEMP performance goals for your department and strive to align your goals and those of your providers with them;
- Maintain the department’s highest level of Clinical Excellence;
- Leadership - Develop a Vision for the Emergency Department;
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly