Seeking Stellar Neurosurgeons
- Position Type
Texas Health Physicians Group includes over 1,000 physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical professionals dedicated to providing safe, quality care for our patients. Through THPG, Texas Health Resources is more than just a network of hospitals – it is now a full health system with the opportunity to provide unparalleled health care coverage to North Texans. Patients benefit from improved safety, better outcomes and increased efficiencies that can happen when all parts of the health care system work in close collaboration.
- MD or DO candidates
- Employed position by Texas Health Physicians Group
- Neurological Surgery residency completion required from an accredited ACGME program
- We have three openings for neurosurgeon with this group:
- 1 neurosurgeon with Endovascular fellowship training
- 1 neurosurgeon with skull-based fellowship training
- 1 Spine/General Neurosurgeon.
- Board certified or board eligible candidates only
- Office on the campus of Texas Health Fort Worth
- Compensation and benefits are competitive and attractive
- Hospital is well-equipped with a CyberKnife, a neurointerventional suite, Gamma Knife®, image guided equipment and three neuro-radiology interventionalists on staff. Texas Health Fort Worth is also evaluating the addition of Inter-Operative MRI.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 707-bed facility serving a population of over 2.5 million. Located in the Medical District, Texas Health Fort Worth is a regional referral center for 26 counties, with transfers and referrals from as far away as El Paso, Texas and parts of Oklahoma. It has a census of about 600 patients per day and 27 ORs. This facility is presently a Level II Trauma Center, but is working toward a Level I designation. Texas Health Fort Worth has a robust emergency department with more than 90,000 visits and an active call schedule. There are nine active neurosurgeons representing two groups, as well as a developing third group. The neurosurgeons do about 1,600 neurosurgery cases at the hospital, excluding back and spine. There is a two-month wait for new patients to be seen. This, along with population growth in surrounding communities of Tarrant County, indicates a great need for additional neurosurgeons in this city.
Sorry, our opportunities cannot sponsor a J-1 visa waiver and this position is not open to outside recruiting firms.
Physicians employed by Texas Health Physicians Group are not employed by a Texas Health Resources hospital.
Interested candidates please send your CV to Greg Foster at GregFoster@TexasHealth.org or call (800) 945-0430.
Apply for Seeking Stellar Neurosurgeons
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly