Assistant/ Associate Professor
Touro University California
Touro University California, a rapidly growing university offering graduate programs in health sciences and education, has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant/ Associate Professor for Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine/Primary Care Department on our Mare Island campus. The university is part of the Touro College and University System and is located on the northern tip of San Francisco Bay in Vallejo, California. Touro University California is an independent, non-profit Jewish-sponsored institution. It has 1,403 students in three graduate professional colleges (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Education and Health Sciences). Touro welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
Why you should join our team!
- 38 hour work week
- Great work/life balance
- TUC offers a welcoming campus and a positive, supportive culture
- Solano County offers some of the lowest cost housing in the SF Bay Area
A faculty member in clinical science has responsibilities in four areas:
- Clinical Practice
- Faculty are expected to provide quality medical care and access to care meeting or exceeding the community standard.
This requires flexibility, adaptability and creativity to problem solve.
- Physicians will be expected to provide needed health care to patients who are uninsured and under insured.
- The Faculty member needs to have sensitivity to work with people of multicultural background.
- Clinical teaching faculty/clinical faculty will provide teaching in the classroom setting and the clinically based setting as
assigned by the respective associate dean.
QUALIFICATIONS: is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed by the person to perform the job.
- D.O. or M.D., licensed in the state of California with a current DEA number.
- Should have six or more years of clinical experience or residency completion and three years' experience.
- Must be Board Certified.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Experience in teaching at the professional student level required.
To view the full job description and apply, please submit cover letter and CV at:
Touro University California provides graduate and professional educational excellence in the fields of Health Sciences, Public Health, and Education. The TUC learning experience is student-centered, enriched by focused research and scholarship, and prepares professionals for rewarding lives in service to others both locally and around the globe.
Touro University California - inspirational teaching and scholarship, transformative leadership, exemplary service.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency