Geriatric Medicine - Lead Physician Opportunity
Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania has excellent full time employment opportunity for a fellowship trained, Board Certified or Board Eligible Geriatric Medicine physician to lead the Mercy Senior Care clinics team located in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Reporting to the ACO Executive Director, the Lead Physician will be responsible for leading a team of care providers in executing Triple Aim care under fully-capitated risk arrangements with a variety of payer partners, primarily Medicare Advantage and other Senior populations, as well as other high risk/high cost populations. The Lead Physician is responsible for ensuring achievement of operational/clinical excellence and truly world class performance metrics in hospital admissions, quality/outcome metrics, patient satisfaction, clinician satisfaction, and medical cost. To offer context for the practice and to remain close to our patient populations, the Lead Physician will practice primary care in the Mercy Senior Care clinic(s) at least 50% of his/her time alongside his/her provider colleagues. Additionally, this leader will serve as a key thought partner in developing and fine-tuning our optimal clinical model.
Responsibilities associated with this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with ACO Executive Director, recruits, hires, orients, oversees and evaluates the performance of primary care physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) to assure the delivery of appropriate delivery of primary medical care to Mercy Senior Care participants.
- Assures proper coding and documentation by physicians and APPs to ensure accurate assessment of population risk/complexity.
- Complete initial and annually competency and proficiency assessments of all provider staff, as well as regular performance evaluations.
- In collaboration with ACO Executive Director, establishes meaningful provider metrics and associated targets intended to maximize Triple Aim goals. Establishes an ongoing process of accountability for these metrics with all clinic staff.
- Directs development of and oversees ongoing management for provider on-boarding, team-based care model, and risk coding education programs intended to achieve Triple Aim goals.
- Coordinates all activities associated with team-based care model to assure unified care delivery along the entire continuum of medical and non-medical services.
- Leads primary care physicians and ensures their priorities are in line with those of the organization. This includes but is not limited to supporting physicians as they manage their teams, being the go-to for all questions, and actively communicating updates and business priorities.
- Provides formal report out on project(s) status to MAC Executive Director at regularly requested intervals and represent project(s) in a variety of physician leadership and network meetings as requested.
Requirements for this role include completion of a Geriatric Medicine fellowship, followed by a minimum of three years of clinical experience to include a leadership role, leading a clinical team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Geriatric physician to become an integral part of Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Mercy Health System offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based on training and clinical experience including:
- Malpractice coverage
- Paid vacation
- CME allowance
- Robust benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) with Match
- License and DEA reimbursement
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania
We, Mercy Health System and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and healing presence within our communities. In fulfilling our mission, we have a special concern for persons who are poor and disadvantaged.
As a mission-driven regional health ministry, we will become the recognized leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be known as the most trusted health partner for life.
A diverse, integrated system providing comprehensive health care services, Mercy Health System comprises:
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Darby
- Mercy Philadelphia Hospital, West Philadelphia
- Nazareth Hospital, Northeast Philadelphia
- Mercy LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) Mercy LIFE is a federal PACE program with four locations
- Mercy Home Health, Five-County Philadelphia Area
- Mercy Accountable Care, LLC
- Gateway Health Plan (partnership with Mercy Health System)
Mercy Health System is the largest Catholic healthcare system serving the Delaware Valley and is a part of Trinity Health, a multi-institutional, Catholic health system sponsored by Catholic Health Ministries.
Mercy Philadelphia Hospital has been caring for the communities in West and Southwest Philadelphia for 98 years. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, its mission is characterized by a dedication to the poor and disadvantaged and by providing compassionate care to all patients. In 2015, Mercy Philadelphia Hospital had 8,452 admissions, 46,230 visits in the Emergency Department, and 80,524 outpatient registrations. The hospital has 157 licensed beds.
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital located in Darby, PA is a 204-bed acute care community teaching hospital that has been serving a large number of economically fragile neighborhoods in Delaware County and Southwest Philadelphia for 83 years. In 2015, the hospital admitted 8,834 patients, cared for 41,855 people in the Emergency Department, and saw 166,028 outpatient registrations.
Nazareth Hospital, established in 1940 by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, serves Northeast Philadelphia with 205 acute beds and 28 skilled nursing beds. The hospital had 8,136 admissions, 51,177 visits to our Emergency Department, and 135,107 outpatient visits in 2015.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, and the core of the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the country.
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington DC are also just a short drive away.
Craving some fun in the fresh air and sunshine? Enjoy biking, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, golf and our many parks. The Countryside has more outdoor activities than you can shake a walking stick at including wine trails and even Appalachian trails, the possibilities are endless.
For more information on Philadelphia visit www.visitphilly.com
Apply for Geriatric Medicine - Lead Physician Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly