Director, Clinical Information Systems- Staten Island University
Northwell Health and Staten Island University Hospital is seeking a Director, Clinical Information Systems to join Staten Island University Hospital. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years of medical and clinical information system implementation experience (EMR/EHR, CPOE, electronic prescribing, health information exchange, etc.). Working experience with departmental applications (e.g. pharmacy, laboratory, radiology), and key information technologies underlying clinical information systems recommended (e.g. relational database systems, integration technologies such as HL7, XML, and CDA).
- Works collaboratively to design, implement and maintain clinical applications
- Functions as a liaison between clinical staff and information technology staff
- Ensures system support clinical quality, patient safety, and institutional efficiency
- Spends time actively engaged in clinical practice to remain immersed in the interface between clinical practice and the actual use of the IT tools being made available to the Medical Group s providers
- Participates as a faculty member of the School of Medicine
- Teaches medical students and post-graduate trainees
Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed teaching hospital that spans two campuses and provides a vast array of services in health and wellness. Our 17-acre North campus houses Staten Island s most modern emergency department, a state-of-the-art education center and a medical arts pavilion. Our South campus boasts its own emergency department and offers a range of specialty programs, including geriatric psychiatry, behavioral health and substance abuse services.
Northwell Health is New York State s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners are working to change health care for the better. We re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
For additional information and to apply, please contact: Romaine Walton, Physician Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Director, Clinical Information Systems- Staten Island University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly