Chair, Department of Radiology
- Position Type
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Chair of the Department of Radiology at A.I. duPont Children’s Hospital in Wilmington, DE who can build upon the Department’s national reputation as a leader in pediatric imaging care, education, and research. The Department Chair is a senior physician leader of Nemours who provides the vision, strategic direction, and management of a clinical department in harmony with the Nemours Mission and Strategy. In addition to leading, developing, and supporting the Department’s faculty members in carrying out their responsibilities, this individual will be instrumental in growing the Department’s clinical and research scope. Leadership and administrative experience are highly desirable, as is a demonstrable commitment to excellence in the overall mix of clinical care, teaching, scholarly activity, quality and safety, and patient/family-centered care.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Fellowship training in Pediatric Radiology or equivalent experience
- Able to obtain clear and active Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Florida medical licenses
- Successful track record of progressive responsibility that includes work in an academic setting
- Prior leadership experience
For confidential consideration please forward your CV and cover letter briefly describing your administrative leadership, clinical, and academic experience and interest in this position to:
Ja’Nikka Caraballo, MHRM, DASPR
Physician Recruiter, Nemours
Daniel J. Podberesky, MD
Radiologist in Chief, Nemours Children’s Health System
Located in Wilmington, DE, Nemours/ Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children is the founding hospital in the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 200-bed pediatric hospital features the area’s only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours/Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Delaware Valley and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
Nemours offers a competitive salary and a robust benefits package that includes productivity and quality- based financial incentives, relocation, health, life, dental, CME, 403B Retirement Plan with matching, 457-retirement savings plan, licensure, and dues allowance. Nemours is a not-for-profit; full-time employed physicians qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Health System Accolades:
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children ranked one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation in cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and GI surgery, neonatology, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology by U.S. News & World Report 2017-2018.
- Best Doctors in America® — Many of our physicians are named to this list, year after year.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children named a “2016 Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital was named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Hospitals in America” for 2015.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital named one of only nine “Top Children’s Hospitals” in the country in 2014 and 2016 by The Leapfrog Group in recognition of exceptional quality and patient safety.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital has been named among the Orlando Sentinel’s Top 100 Companies for Working Families in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital awarded the Emergency Nurses Association’s Lantern Award in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Nemours CareConnect, a new approach to telehealth that brings board-certified pediatricians into homes, schools, and hospitals, won Florida Hospital Association’s 2016 award for Innovation of the Year in Patient Care.
- Nemours CareConnect was selected as a Digital Edge 50 Award 2017 winner.
- Nemours named Top Apps to Know 2015 and 2016 by Becker’s Health IT & CIO Review.
- Our Delaware locations named among America’s 150 Top Workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, through a national survey of Nemours Associates.
- KidsHealth.org: The world’s most visited site devoted to children’s health.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Apply for Chair, Department of Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly