Program Director for the combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics (Med-Peds) residency program
The Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics in conjunction with the Section of Med-Peds at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine are seeking a creative, dynamic and organized individual at the Assistant Professor level or higher to serve as the Program Director for the combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics (Med-Peds) residency program. Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee, which includes at least five (5) years as an active faculty member in an ACGME accredited residency and three (3) years of graduate medical education administrative experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Dual board certification in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Commitment to excellence in patient care and evidence-based practice
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
- Transparent and inclusionary management style
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity
- Skills in promoting research and quality improvement activities
About the Section of Med-Peds
Our Med-Peds faculty are a diverse and driven group comprised of primary care, hospital medicine and subspecialty faculty. The current faculty includes nine primary care and hospitalist faculty and nine subspecialty faculty.
To enhance healthcare for children and adults spanning the continuum of life, to provide a stable primary care network for the transition of children with special healthcare needs, to teach student and residents the discipline of combined Adult and Pediatric practice in a variety of settings. To expand the contribution of the Med-Peds faculty to the scholarly activity of the Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
The Med-Peds section is dedicated to promoting and enhancing the clinical practice and scholarly activities of physicians trained in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and supported subspecialties.
- Promote combined Med-Peds clinical practice
- Provide access and safe transition to quality adult primary care for youth with special health care needs
- Provide faculty development and support Med-Peds faculty in their varied roles
- Support all Med-Peds Support the Med-Peds Residency Program leadership in their endeavors to evolve and improve the Med-Peds Program
- To participate actively and serve in leadership roles within the institution(s)
Interested parties should send a CV and cover letter to Damena Gallimore-Wilson at the following email address: Damena.GallimoreWilson@miami.edu
Asha Pillai, MD, FAAP, FABIM
Chair, Med-Peds Program Director Search Committee
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Microbiology & Immunology Deputy Director of Translational Research, Department of Pediatrics Co-Director, FOCIS Center of Excellence in Human Immunology, UMHC Member, Tumor Biology Program, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, UM
All Applicants Must Apply Online
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer, F/M/V/D