- Position Type
*CLINICAL FACULTY: Cardiothoracic Radiology - Banner University Medical Center
Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Accepts J1s: No
- Accepts H1Bs: No Response
- Loan Assistance:No
- Practice Type:Academic
- Verified Date:06/14/2019
- Job ID:692905
Banner University Medical Center, a Top 5 Large Health System and one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks, is expanding its team by hiring a second full-time Cardiothoracic Radiologist. As part of our cardiothoracic imaging team, you will participate in multidisciplinary conferences, tumor board, and contribute to the teaching of medical students, residents, and pulmonary and cardiology fellows.
- Ideal candidates will be BC/BE and cardiothoracic fellowship trained (New Fellows encouraged to apply)
- Daily work will be predominately cardiothoracic imaging, with a wide range of pathology requiring subspecialty expertise
- Typical cases include a mix of interstitial lung disease, lung transplant, lung cancer screening, thoracic oncology, and cardiac CT/MRI.
- A desire teach medical students and residents is essential.
- A portion of the practice includes general evening and weekend shifts, shared among the entire group.
- No overnight call, and procedures are performed by interventional radiology
- An interest in research is desirable, but not required
- Weekend coverage: 1 in every 7 weekends (Not required to read exams outside your specialty area)
- Occasional ultrasound guided thoracentesis or paracentesis may be required on the weekend. Training will be provided as needed.
- Approximately 8500 wRVUs
The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
Banner Health & Banner - University Medicine Offers:
- Competitive salary with incentives + generous paid time off
- Sign-on bonus/relocation allowance
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental, vision, retirement, and more
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME
- Opportunities for career advancement / leadership development
BUMCP | Arizona's largest hospital, part of the Banner Health system, is an important clinical education site for the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. With 733 beds, Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix (formerly Banner Good Samaritan) has served the area for more than 100 years and is known as a top teaching hospital. Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix has an acknowledged unit for high-risk obstetrics, the Cavanagh Heart Center, a renowned transplant team and specialty units such as the Banner Alzheimer's Institute on the central Phoenix campus. BUMC-P has been cited for 12 years as one of America's “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Phoenix
Downtown Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85006 Physician-Radiology
Apply for Physician-Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly