Medical Director - Samaritan Health Plans
Medical Director (Corvallis, OR)
Samaritan Health Plans is currently seeking a Medical Director that is accountable for, and provides professional leadership and direction to the utilization/cost management and clinical quality management functions which could include; short and long term program planning, quality improvement, and managing external relationships.
The Medical Director will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer, overseeing clinical and behavioral health care for products and services and the health care needs of the membership. This role is responsible for the creation process, oversight, and implementation of medical management policies, procedures and guidelines applicable to the facilitation of the provision of quality, cost effective care for the enrolled patient population of Samaritan Health Plans and IHN-CCO, including a focus on delegated Medical Management vendors.
- Current unencumbered Oregon MD or DO licensure required.
- Successful completion of a residency program in a primary care specialty with Board Certification required.
- Three (3) years of clinical practice experience required.
- One (1) year of leadership experience in a managed care system required.
- Experience with community or migrant health centers preferred.
- Experience in the development and implementation of effective health care policy, particularly in the areas of quality monitoring, medical appropriateness, and utilization of health care services preferred.
- Additional business related degrees or training strongly preferred
Samaritan Health Plans employs 300 people in its Corvallis, Oregon offices, and operates across Oregon. We’re all about building and delivering great customer experiences, being social responsible, taking the initiative, and providing a flexible, fun work environment. We expect and reward contributions that improve the health and well-being of those we serve and those with whom we serve. That’s why we also support our own employees with the same great programs we offer to other employers. We walk the talk. Join our team and be ready to meet a challenge that changes lives for good.
Samaritan Health Services offers an exceptional benefits package including relocation assistance!