Senior Care Program, Clinical Practice Physician Leader
- Position Type
Reporting to the ACO Executive Director, the Lead Physician will be responsible for leading a team of care providers in executing Triple Aim care under fully-capitated risk arrangements with a variety of payer partners, primarily Medicare Advantage and other Senior populations, as well as other high risk/high cost populations. The Lead Physician is responsible for ensuring achievement of operational/clinical excellence and truly world class performance metrics in hospital admissions, quality/outcome metrics, patient satisfaction, clinician satisfaction, and medical cost. To offer context for the practice and to remain close to our patient populations, the Lead Physician will practice primary care in the Mercy Senior Care clinic(s) at least 50% of his/her time alongside his/her provider colleagues. Additionally, this leader will serve as a key thought partner in developing and fine-tuning our optimal clinical model.
Essential Duties of the Role
- Offers expertise in the design and enhancement of the care model, including: Medical Management, Care Management, Quality Improvement, Utilization Management, Network Management, Health Plan Management, Documentation/Risk Coding, Clinical Compliance & Policy Development.
- Directs development of and oversees ongoing management for provider on-boarding, team-based care model, and risk coding education programs intended to achieve Triple Aim goals. Coordinates all activities associated with team-based care model to assure unified care delivery along the entire continuum of medical and non-medical services.
- Leads primary care physicians and ensures their priorities are in line with those of the organization. This includes but is not limited to supporting physicians as they manage their teams, being the “go-to” for all questions, and actively communicating updates and business priorities.
Education and Training
- M.D or D.O Graduate
- Board Certified in either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Fellowship training in Geriatrics preferred
- MBA/MPH preferred
Apply for Senior Care Program, Clinical Practice Physician Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly